Sunday 24 May 2009

Sunday Sunday

Today is another marathon marking session, while I cower inside from the relentless searing heat. I don't have the words to describe how much I abhor hot weather. Give me driving rain and blustery storms any day. The only upside of today's weather is that I can dry my clothes on the line, which is much more civilised and environmentally friendly than using a tumble dryer.

The other excitement of the day is that clash of the titans, Stoke City versus Arsenal. We beat them 2-1 at the Britannia Stadium, their goal coming in the 93rd minute, so I've high hopes. Whatever happens, we've been vindicated and we're here to stay.

I did some marking yesterday, and feel quite optimistic based on those results - some good projects, some convincing arguments. Or had I had too much to drink at the sophisticated Euro-barbecue I attended yesterday? Fine wines, cooked (rather than burned) lamb and chicken, excellent taboulleh. Mmmm. Must go swimming tomorrow!

Neal and I were thinking about chocolate and cheese today: a dark, bitter chocolate and an acidic Cheshire would make a fantastic soufflé. Your thoughts?

4 comments:

Ewarwoowar said...

What can you tell me about Ritchie de Laet, Voley?

He's starting at LB for us today.

The Plashing Vole said...

I can tell you that Stoke fans were surprised when we signed him and stunned when you did! Having him in your starting XI really is Ferguson mooning at the entire sport. He's not awful, he's just one of those players who would be an equally skilled carpenter. We couldn't work out why he'd chosen football, nor why anybody else agreed with him. He's no Macheda…

Ewarwoowar said...

...well, who the hell is?

Thanks for that info. Considering he's behind Evra, Fabio and O'Shea at LB he won't get far with us. Now to just shake off the mental image of Sir Alex mooning.

dot said...

i hate this weather... it got me sunburn and migrene and made me want to escape to the pole...