Friday 26 June 2009

No laughing matter (unless the jokes improve)

I'm utterly indifferent to the passing of Michael Jackson, beyond the human sympathy for an individual dying young. My initial thought was that he seemed perfectly healthy on Radio 4 the other day, discussing the Iraq war inquiry. Turns out that it's another Michael Jackson who died.

However, because I'm interested in the way and the speed at which people generate humour, you're invited to leave your jokes here. I have no comment to make about quality.

I was sent the first at 8 a.m. BST, from Zoot Horn:

Jackson's last words: 'Treat me in the children's ward'.

The second and third came an hour or so later:

Emma:
What do Alex Ferguson and Michael Jackson have in common? Neither will be playing Gig(g)s this August.

And finally from my sister:
Police have drawn up some suspects. They're not sure who to blame it on. Will it be the sunshine?, the moonlight?, the good times? or their number one suspect, ....the boogie

3 comments:

Benjamin. said...

I thought mine were less then amusing but original at least 'Started taking bets on the next celebrity to die, 5/1 on Les Dennis' and 'I have the emotional capactiy of a fridge but I'd feel the same if Tony Hadley of Spandau Ballet suddenly died'.

At least it is not the, whats the difference between Frizl and Jackson joke. Of course the answer in some sicko's head was 'One is dead'.

The Plashing Vole said...

Most of them won't be funny - it's the speed that's interesting.

Anonymous said...

R.I.P...it's easy as 1,2,3