Monday 20 July 2009

Here's one for Deer Friend

It's a modern folk song. Zoot won't like it because there's no guitar picking. Or guitars. It's Éamon Doorley, Muiréann Nic Amblaoibh, Julie Fowlis and Ross Martin singing Pe in Eirinn I, from the fantastic Dual album. I think this song's in Scots Gaelic rather than Irish, but the difference is marginal anyway. I'm sure Emma will correct me if I'm wrong.

It's good news for me too: some Habermas and a Diana Jones album in the post. I spent my parents' generous birthday present on a Nikon 55-200 vibration reduction zoom lens and some cycling gear.

4 comments:

Still the very Deer Friend said...

Thank you...

Zoot Horn said...

I love it too!

The Plashing Vole said...

Think Cruel Brother would do it justice?

The Deer Friend said...

Hey! Please wait for me! Pleeeease!