Thursday 27 August 2009

Take that, Republican'ts

It's early days, but the College Republicans' attempt to collect 'horror stories' about the NHS with which to scare Americans has backfired badly - all the entries so far are positive!

I particularly like this 'horror story':
I went to the Doctor's last month for a, well, downstairs problem. I was given an appointment for that day at 11.30. I got there with plenty of time to spare, but wasn't seen until 11.45. I was livid.

Do add your own honest accounts of NHS care.

4 comments:

The Plashing Vole said...

Er… I think this is an example of dry British sarcasm!

jadedj said...

I knew that. OK, I didn't. No, yes, I did. Not really. Sort of. No. I feel so...ashamed.

May I still come back here...maybe?

The Plashing Vole said...

Jaded, we'd miss you terribly if you disappeared! And if you ever need medication or proper cheese, we'll organise parcels.

jadedj said...

I went back and re-read this post. Much to my chagrin, I realize I completely missed the link. Idiot (me).

Thanks for the cheese offer.