Thursday 22 October 2009

Dan - a portrait

I'm not normally very impressed with my creative skills, but I took a photograph of Dan yesterday of which I'm really quite proud. It is, of course, down to his chiselled good looks and my sneakiness - long lens, 20 feet away while his consciousness was otherwise engaged - but it cried out for monochrome, and it's really worked well. Click in it for a larger one.



I also took this one on my way home from the station, solely for its slightly mournful attempt to import a bit of 50s LA into backstreet Wolverhampton. Wish I'd had my tripod with me.



3 comments:

Newton Heath 18 said...

really cool pics, Voley. I think you could be assured a job as a paparazzo if you ever tire of facilitating learning.

The Plashing Vole said...

Thanks. The phrase 'facilitating learning' makes me hurl. That's the way it's going though…

Newton Heath 18 said...

English hurl or Irish hurl?