Tuesday 27 October 2009

I'm Vole. This is what I do.

Only, er… not quite as well. But I mention fencing sometimes without ever communicating how wonderful it is: a battle of wits and wills, against your own weaknesses and sometimes reaching the sublime. Nothing beats the feeling of a lightning fast move which outpaces and outfoxes a respected opponent to make the winning hit in the last second. Or so I'm told - I'm usually the guy on the other end.




Join a club here (UK), here (Ireland), here (US), ici (la France), hier (Deutschland), over here mate (Australia) and Kiwis, rattle your dags!

3 comments:

Mr. Charleston said...

These things are over in an instant. What happened to the Errol Flynn, swing from the chandelier, push soldiers down the staircase, blade against blade combat? Damn, were we fooled by Hollywood again?

Lou said...

That vid has piqued Rory's curiosity and we're going to watch training at one of the Auckland clubs on Sunday afternoon.

The Plashing Vole said...

Mr C: yes, sport fencing is fast - I've won a 15 hit sabre match in under 45 seconds before! It's all about being where they think you're not…

Lou - my work here is done. That's great.