Monday 9 November 2009

Urge to kill - rising.

Morning humans. I've had a very relaxing and pleasant weekend, so obviously I'm raring to snark, though I was challenged to spend a week being relentlessly upbeat here on The Plashing Vole.

I reject that challenge.

As you know, I'm a big fan of LibraryThing, especially the Early Reviewers section - last month I was sent a free proof copy of Paul Auster's latest book, Invisible. However, some synopses tell you all you don't need to know. I certainly haven't requested this one:
The basics of The Five-Minute Miracle came to Tara Springett, a psychotherapist, in meditation one day.

5 comments:

Ewarwoowar said...

Didn't watch the football then? LOL.

Hang on, we lost as well. Hmm, ignore that comment.

The Plashing Vole said...

I was hoping that the football would go unmentioned. What a shocker.

Benjamin Judge said...

You are possibly the only human on the planet who can percieve of a way in which Stoke losing a football match can be described as a 'shocker'. Surely it can never be anything more strong than a 'mild surpriser'.

Nice to see Bullard fit and well again too.

The Plashing Vole said...

The tyranny of high expectations. We keep throwing away leads, but losing to Hull is particularly shameful.

Newton Heath 18 said...

Especailly when Stoke managed to score from open play.