Wednesday 2 December 2009

Temporarily disguised as not a pumpkin

As I briefly mentioned yesterday, I am going to a charity ball, because that's the kind of upstanding pillar of the community I am. Ahem.

The charity in question is the North Staffordshire Special Adventure Playground, a magnificent organisation dedicated to providing excitement, adventure and really wild things for children and young adults with disabilities. And to providing some peace, quiet and solidarity for their parents.

My connection with the place is a brief period volunteering there before I became the embittered and lazy reader you see before you, and a long friendship with its key staff member, The Well of Lost Blogs.

If you live in sunny Stoke-on-Trent, give them your time. If you don't, give them your money. Or give it to me, and I'll pass most of it on. Consider the donation a payment in gratitude for not living in Stoke-on-Trent.

1 comment: