Wednesday 27 January 2010

I Am The Thorpedo

Back to the pool today, after 6 weeks off from illness and stuff. What a humiliation. I lasted 25% of my usual time and 20% of my habitual distance before retiring exhausted. I powered through the water with all the force and aquatic grace of a delinquent butterfly, yet everything aches. It's going to be a long way back…

Aims for today are to finish marking the interesting MA dissertation ('the body in sporting fiction') and to write my piece for the subject centre. And to avoid lovely fattening foods.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Porridge for breakfast (tasty, healthy and super filling) is always a winner if you're watching what you eat.

The Camel Friend said...

I realise that body and food are a motif in your writing...but you could find something else and move on from there. Of course you have a strong enough social (and media-) awareness to realise that such topics are already overrepresented as well as not innocuous. Please cut it out.

The Plashing Vole said...

It seems to be The Day The Readers Strike Back! I didn't think I go on about such things much.

I'm not writing an MA on the body, or even supervising one - I was just given one to mark. Or are you protecting your own territory?

The Camel Friend said...

How many words does an MA have? What's the size of the pen she uses? And finally: which body are you reading it off and how are you planning to mark it?