Thursday 21 January 2010

Singing Symposia

After Ewar's discovery of Yale's embarrassingly weak recruitment song, Intelliwench (a revered professor) donates her institution's equivalent, and it's a humdinger. The chorus is stuck in my mind for ever. I loves the Hammond break, the sheer length, and the new voices which break in every so often. I do wonder why Appalachian hasn't chosen to write the song in the Appalachian folk genre though…

There is one fly in the ointment. As it's called 'Appalachia is HOT HOT HOT', the related videos on the Youtube page aren't, well, very academic. I'm sure you know what I mean. Still, I think this is better than Yale's prissy song. Not for Appalachia a detailed description, in song, of where you can eat if the restaurant's closed. No, you go to Appalachia because it's HOT HOT HOT!

UK universities are really missing out. Keep them coming, kids.

3 comments:

Ewarwoowar said...

Another splendid video.

At least they can just chuck in a load of pictures of the scenery. Can't imagine The Hegemon doing that, to be honest.

intelliwench said...

I'll be on the lookout for a slew of transfer students from The Hegemon come the Fall term, then.

intelliwench said...

...oh, and I'm not "revered professor" but rather a "program director." But thanks for the virtual promotion!