Friday 29 January 2010

That Friday feeling

Hello. How are you all? New term working out, students and teachers? How's the summer, New Zealanders? And the winter, Americans, Germans and other northerly types?

Life here is starting to take shape again. I'm back swimming and will be fencing again soon. Teaching has started and I'm starting to remember students' names once more (rather than 'oh look, it's Mr. D6 Could Do Better') and I've loads of work to do: four new lectures for next week, a conference paper and a book chapter, plus all the usual.

So what have I done this morning? Applied for a job, kept a close eye on Blair's evidence (predictably evasive, sanctimonious and unintelligent) and had coffee with Neal, who turned up late for swimming, between seeing enthusiastic students and sipping Chartreuse… it's a hard life. I'm teaching Introduction to Literature this afternoon, and then plan to settle down with some theory.

4 comments:

Ewarwoowar said...

I've had a McDonalds, made love to a donkey and taken some coca...

What?

Applied for a job? You're leaving The Hegemon?

The Plashing Vole said...

I doubt I am, but need a permanent post. My current two 0.5 posts are 2 year contracts.

In case I do get it, I refer you to the advice given by the supply teacher in the Simpsons episode of that name.

Kate said...

Ooooh! What's the job? I've seen a post-doc at Bristol today (in Leadership and Organizational Ethics)that I'm going to apply for, they're particularly encouraging critical management students to apply, yeah! :-)

Oh, and how I am is feeling better than yesterday (after meeting with my supervisor) - short version, she's still rubbish, and I still want to stab her in the eye with a pencil (as Laura would say!) but she thinks I'm making 'excellent progress', so yeah me! :-)

Lou said...

After appearing to disappear for a week and a half, summer is back here in Auckland thanks goodness.

Would the new job mean moving again from your new flat?