Monday 8 February 2010

Back into a Depression

No new Mac in the post today, damn it, but a very hefty book indeed: Juliet Gardiner's The Thirties: An Intimate History. I don't know her work so can't tell you whether it's any good. My field is 1930s culture, so I buy anything that looks vaguely relevant. If you want to make money, write something with …of the Thirties in the title and I'll order it. Teacups of the Thirties, Sock-Manufacturing in the Thirties, whatever. Mostly though, it's literary and popular culture I'm interested in.

Now we're living in a Depression, just like the Thirties, I recommend you learn to cook, sew and agitate like our forebears. Except for the Nazism and powdered eggs. They were both rotten.

Now I'm off home to cook a rabbit stew. That makes me a bunny-boiler.

2 comments:

Some Chilean Woman said...

I would like that recipe, I've never cooked rabbit.

The Plashing Vole said...

Rabbit's beautiful - no fat, rich flavour, organic and free-range.