Wednesday 24 March 2010

Foreign music review

Funny how, from several countries away, I'm giving you something utterly, utterly English: Ant's Cures for Broken Hearts. It's a mini-album by a man who used to be in the shambolically lovely Hefner. Predictably, but no less charmingly, it's shambolic heartbroken wet indie music by a man who knows his way around Wurlitzers and violas.

Ben will no doubt hate it: it's completely white and self-pitying, but then, so am I.

There's no video because Ant and friends believe in recording an album every other day and appearing on each others' 7" split singles to making marketing tools, so here's a fairly typical sample, the title track.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's just say I won't be buying it and leave it at that. I'll get back to my Little Richard cd now...