Monday 19 April 2010

Last week I met a half-man half-dog who told me we should send them home

David Cameron's leadership debate depended on 'anecdotes' which turned out to be untrue (such as the 40-year old man who'd been in the Navy for 30 years, the £73,000 police car which turned out to cost £50,000, and the '400 policemen doing admin which turned out to be 400 police teachers).

Some wag has constructed a brilliant automatic anecdote generator. See it in all its sarcastic glory here.

I particularly liked:
"Last week, I met a wheelchair-bound cabin boy, who told me that trendy teachers got a free house from the council."
Why we need PR: this poll puts the Lib Dems second - but they'd end up with 175 seats fewer than Labour, who are third, because the Lib Dem vote is split between so many constituencies, whereas the other parties votes are concentrated in winnable seats. 

1 comment:

kajvhag said...

Thanks for the anecdote generator - I have passed it on. My particular favourite has to be
"Last week, I met a Flemish farmer, who told me that benefit scroungers killed Jesus."
ROFL