Monday 17 May 2010

Paul Uppal - MIA

2 weeks since I asked Paul Uppal MP a few basic questions, such as whether he lives in the constituency he represents. Still, he's a busy guy. Big ministry to run. Oh no, that must have been someone else. He's a back-bench drone, but apparently one who intends to ignore his constituents.

Meanwhile, here's some music.
It's Bellowhead's albums Burlesque and Matachin. Bellowhead are leaders of the amazing British folk revival, specializing in big, good-time party folk performed by huge numbers of people, dragging in bits of Eastern European, jazz and all sorts of other genres. I'm not always in the right mood for Bellowhead - sometimes the voices grate a little on me, and occasionally I'd like a bit more tune, so I head off in the direction of Lau.

I don't think Bellowhead will convert anyone unconvinced by new folk (they do echo the old finger-in-the-ear stereotype), but they're worth a listen and I've a huge soft spot for them.




No comments: