Wednesday 14 July 2010

The bell tolls 35

I certainly felt my years in the pool today, as I was overtaken by sprightly pensioners. Last week two of them were discussing whether 5 swims and '70-80 miles' running per week was a bit too much. This while I was delirious from 60 lengths…

Weirdly, I don't feel 35 as long as I avoid looking down. It seems only yesterday that I was leaving university (for the first time), in 1996, looking forward to that night-shift data-entry job in Stoke. What have I done since then? Basically, a lot of reading. I'm not even in Opposition, let alone running a network of labour camps for people with hairstyles, Tory voting records, clothes which simply advertise the brand, BMX bikes, Jeremy Clarkson videos or goatees. Time's winged chariot and all that…

At this rate, my reign of terror will never take place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Vole. Keep on truckin'.

The Plashing Vole said...

Thank you, whoever you are.