Thursday 1 March 2012

Basking

What a glorious sunny day it is - even my crusty rain-loving soul is slightly lifted. I've even been nice to the students who've come to see me, which doesn't happen very often.

All seems right with the world, despite managing to snap my bank card in half yesterday, preventing me from going fencing and buying food. The Leveson Inquiry rumbles on, exposing the Establishment for the venal, self-interested and self-regarding entity I knew it was, and I'm going to the theatre tonight with my final-year students, to see an adaptation of Vile Bodies. I must remember to point out that this isn't a substitute for reading the novel…

Currently listening to two female singer-songwriters head and shoulders above the crowd: the rather wondrous Nancy Elizabeth album Wrought Iron:



and Rose Elinor Dougall's Without Why:

No comments: