Friday 23 November 2012

Friday. Time to kick back

I don't know about you, but it's been a difficult and dispiriting week and I need something frivolous to end the week. Actually, I do know about you: if you're reading my blog then you're in sore need of relaxation.

Here's Mr B's banjolele-led compressed history of hip-hop. The good Mr B is – alongside Professor Elemental – the musical section of the Chap movement. Chaps tend to be urban sophisticates who have ironically (I hope) reclaimed tweed, waxed moustaches and all the accoutrements of the flaneur. It's so postmodern and self-regarding that I'm incapable of working out whether they're reactionaries or progressives, but I do know that the juxtaposition of Oxford Bags and Run DMC makes me smile. 


Here's Professor Elemental's 'diss' of Mr B: 'Fighting Trousers'. 


And as we're in an arch mood, let's finish with the Puppini Sisters murdering the Smiths. I was informed recently that there's a surprisingly large female barber-shop competition scene - it's crying out for a fly-on-the-wall documentary. 



No comments: